Here at Compost It we promote composting as a means of becoming much more energy efficient at home. We also want to advise you on ways to become energy efficient aside from composting so you can grasp a greater understanding on how to help the environment. Contact us.
How To Make Your Home Energy Efficient
Over 35% of your homes energy is lost through walls, windows, doors and 25% is lost through your roof, a lot of money being wasted.
Simply enough, there are ways to change this meaning more energy can stay indoors and you will have more money in your pocket too.
Step One: Insulating Your Home
Adding either cavity wall insulation or loft insulation can change the amount of energy being lost inside your home and will keep you much warmer in the winter months and cooler in the summer months. The process of installation is easy and quite often, you may not have to pay a thing to get it.
Step Two: Ensuring All Windows & Rooflights Are Double Glazed
On all windows you can either get single, double or triple glazed fittings, the more glaze levels the better they will be at making your home energy smart.
Rooflights are also a massive problem area where heat can be lost – but what has helped is that EOS Rooflights have introduced a range of rooflights that all have a amazing energy efficiency levels, whilst also being stylish. Click here (trade customers) to learn more.
Reusing materials is a great way to reduce your waste
Smarter Shopping At Home
When shopping, look for longer-lasting, harder-wearing products that are reusable, refillable or rechargeable rather than disposable.
- Rechargeable batteries (they will save you cash too)
- Use a trusted and Environmental Agency approved rubbish clearance company to remove waste
- Hankies which can be washed and used again rather than single use tissues (this will reduce the amount you put in your black bag)
- Buy reusable razors where the head can be replaced, rather than throwing all of it away
- Always aim to buy products that come in refillable packaging, this will save packaging and money in the long run